1) switch apache to lighttpd in ur VPS/VDS go to enable FastCGI: Domain home–Domain Features–set Number Of Fastcgi and enable FASTcgi. very important: if you enable Xcache, please must set the number to 1, otherwise your RAM will be eaten by many zombie. To check this, run “netstat -anpo|grep “php-cgi”|wc -l”, if the result is “0?, it means you should change your number of fastcgi process mumber.
2) Domain home–domain–Fcgi Configuration–enable
3) add this to etc/lighttpd/lighttpd.conf Code: server.error-handler-404="/index.php"
4) Configure Joomla on Joomla administrator panel, Global Configuration–SEO Settings–enable “Use Apache mod_rewrite” and “Search Engine Friendly URLs”, and in SH404SEF Configuration, select “with .htaccess(mod_rewrite)”.
5) done. If you enable Joomla cache, you may can not delete the cache files on “Clean Cache”. In this case, go to Kloxo File Manager, deleted all cache files.