The migration utility in new virtuemart move from database this data:
- product categories
- manufacturer categories
- shopper groups
and you must add manually this data:
- product types
- product attributes
So firstly do a backup of your website and use it in local server , don't touch your live website
- Use an FTP program or your file manager to create a directory for your media files that is located at /images/stories/virtuemart/.
- Copy all of the files located in /components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/ to this new folder at /images/stories/virtuemart/.
- go to /components/com_virtuemart/ and rename the entire /com_virtuemart/ folder. I used the word _old in the image below so it would be easy to spot the change to /old_com_virtuemart/.
- disable the Joomla debug option (Go to Site > Global Configuration, Go to the System Tab, Choose No for Debug System, Click Save
- disable all the Virtuemart plugins and modules
- Install Virtuemart 2 (only this file com_virtuemart.2.0.2.zip)
- After successful installation click on "go to the shop"
- Install AIO component (this file com_virtuemart.2.0.2_ext_aio.zip)
- Enable the database update tools (Go to Components > Virtuemart, Click Configuration, Click the Shop tab and scroll down,Check to enable database tools,Click Save)
- Set up the migration (Go to Tools and click the Migration tab, Increase the max_execution time, I set mine at 100, Increase the Memory Limit, I set mine to 256MB), Check the "everything" radio button, click on this before you start., Click Start Migration.